Lazer is very proud to present Volante, its new Time Trial helmet. After more than two years of relentless designing & testing, we are thrilled to reveal our new state-of-the-art helmet and its advanced design method: shaped by air.
We are experts working for experts, with experts. The new Volante helmet will now be the fastest helmet in Lazer’s fast product range. It has been developed with top athletes & teams such as Primož Roglič, Tom Dumoulin & Tiesj Benoot. Within Time Trial racing, success is all about the marginal gains that will bring the rider that extra second to make the difference between a win and a loss. Taking all that into consideration, we developed the ultimate aero helmet using a specific method: the shape is optimized around the airflow created when riding. To do so, we ran wind tunnel tests in different locations, with different mannequins & different professional riders, to make sure the helmet would be adapted to any real world situation. This resulted in Lazer’s fastest helmet ever.
To know more about the way this helmet was created, head out to our website and watch our video! https://www.lazersport.com/en/adult-helmets/volante
We have maximized the aerodynamics to make this helmet as fast as possible, while not forgetting our roots: we developed the helmet in order to create the perfect match between a rider and their gear. It is all about making it possible for the rider to give everything they have. Volante is packed with features: from our brand new Turnfit® Tilt system to Aerated X-static padding, we combined all of the best technologies to optimize the performance of the rider.
· Lazer Turnfit® Tilt system: the Turnfit® Tilt system is unique to Lazer and makes it easy to adjust the position of the helmet, even with the fit system tightened. You can adjust the fit and then tilt the helmet in the desired position.
· Adjustable head basket: the Adjustable Head Basket allows the back section of the retention system to be adjusted up or down, changing the vertical size of the helmet depending on the rider’s preferences towards comfort.
· Ponytail/Ice stuff box: an open space in the tail part provides room to stuff your ponytail, or to have ice in the helmet to cool you down on very hot race days.
· Aerated X-Static padding: anti-microbial padding that helps inhibit the growth of bacteria on fabric with strategically placed holes to allow more airflow into the helmet through the installed padding.
· Magnetic panoramic lens: the panoramic lens provides crystal clear vision and protection. It has been designed to integrate perfectly with the helmet for maximum aerodynamic performance. Its magnetic clips make the lens easy to remove and install whenever you need.
This helmet will be used in a race for the first time in the one and only Tour de France Time Trial of 2020 by Team Sunweb & Team Jumbo-Visma, on the 19th of September. This Time Trial will happen on the second-to-last day of the Tour, it will be the deciding stage for the final General Classification. As several Lazer riders like Primož Roglič, Steven Kruijswijk and Tom Dumoulin are amongst the top favourites for the overall win, this helmet could help them make the final difference.
The Volante helmet will now top our TT/Track/Triathlon fast product category. This means that it will also be adapted for track cyclists and triathletes. Those types of cyclists also require aerodynamics to be optimized and will make great use of it. The Belgian and Dutch track cycling teams will use the Volante for the first time during the next World Cup season.
2. Images (product, technologies & lifestyle): https://lazersport.photoshelter.com/gallery-collection/Volante-launch/C0000nFxYFPS3fQY
3. Further Lazer press releases: See the media centre here: https://media.shimano-eu.com/en-CEU/tags/lazer/
4. About Lazer: Lazer’s products are the result of 100 years of expertise, passion and dedication. Lazer is always trying to create the perfect mix between design, comfort, safety and technology. This attitude has shaped Lazer into one of the most innovative helmet companies in the world.
Lazer designs bicycle helmets on its home soil in Belgium and markets these products globally, in almost every country, on every continent. Over the years, Lazer teamed up with some of the greatest champions the world has ever seen to create some of the most progressive products ever used! Today we continue the tradition of working with top athletes to create world-class products. Lazer stands for the passion of performance and the joy of riding.