SHIMANO’S BOLD NEW IDEAS FOR YOUR CYCLING WARDROBE
Amongst the uniquely tailored cycling apparel Shimano will have in stores for the 2019 season, five stand-out lines will be unveiled and on display this summer at one of the cycling industry’s biggest events.
Available to see on Shimano’s 2018 Eurobike booth (Stand B5-300) will be items from the SUMIRE range of women’s performance apparel, TRANSIT range of stylish urban apparel, S-PHYRE elite competition race wear, some fun new items to accessorize your kit choices, and new road and off-road FOOTWEAR choices.
The SUMIRE range elevates SHIMANO’s women’s cycling clothing with elegant and subtle designs, luxurious fabric and a women’s fit that meets the demands of both performance and comfort clothing. Following Shimano’s Fusion concept, which sees clothing system engineered to become one with the rider, the range includes Jerseys in blue, black, purple, green or white patterned colourways with matching SUMIRE Shorts (options with and without bibs) and a SUMIRE Windbreak Jacket. Stand out features include customizable inseam lengths with roll-up leg hems, silicone dot print grippers, women’s performance chamois pads and UPF50+ sun protection to perform in seamless harmony with the rider.
The TRANSIT range features a new packable windbreak jacket in understated grey, zinfandel red or navy, new short sleeve shirts featuring a cut designed to fit equally well on and off the bike, versatile shorts with stretch fabric, plus polos, zippered jerseys, gloves and t-shirts with moisture wicking, quick-drying fabric and odour reduction or antibacterial finishing. All TRANSIT items of course feature discreet reflective elements for low light conditions and, apart from the gloves and t-shirt, all feature handy chest and lower-right back pockets.
In the quest for state-of-the-art aerodynamics, minimal weight and optimum temperature regulation the S-PHYRE range expands with a next-generation professional grade racing jersey and bib shorts, plus eyewear, gloves, arm warmers, leg warmers, a sleeveless base layer and footwear. Working closely with the elite professionals at Team Lotto NL-Jumbo has given SHIMANO the insight to make subtle adjustments to S-PHYRE materials, fittings and cuts, chamois pads to achieve a harmony of design, form and function. And yes, even those S-PHYRE socks have been updated too with a new top-of-foot pattern for added cushioning.
Talking of socks, seven new tall pairs are in the lineup this year with colours that will knock your proverbials off! Black, lime yellow, mint, purple, black/yellow, navy/white and navy/pink socks in a mixture of stripes, polka dots and patterns will suit almost every taste. All feature strategic cushioning, mesh ventilation and an engineered arch panel for comfort and pedaling performance.
In fact a sock is a lot more than that. It’s part of the interconnected system that puts power to the pedal in combination with the shoe and SHIMANO has made many improvements there too.
Selected highlights include the new S-PHYRE RC9 road and XC9 off-road models with updates coming to ventilation and drainage areas, and a new stand-out glowing green colour. As well as that, the grip and toe protection on the XC9 has also been modified. Below that, the RC7 and XC7 models now adopt a second BOA L6 dial for quick, micro tension adjustments of the powerzone wire guide.
For Enduro riders the ME7 also now features added ventilation and weather proofing whilst the ME5 gets a BOA L6 dial with Velcro strap for tension adjustments and foot security. Cold weather riders get the option of the MW7 with Gore-Tex liners, fleece-lined inner sole, BOA L6 dial and ‘TORBAL’ fitting for mid-sole foot comfort. Finally, the AM5 all-mountain SPD and GR5 gravity flat-soled shoe get new colourways and added heel and outsole traction to improve grip.
To complete the interconnected system philosophy, SHIMANO’s specific shoe and pedal combinations have been improved with the 105 SPD-SL road pedals (PD-R7000) and XTR MTB pedals (PD-M9100/9120 XTR) released earlier this year, plus new BMX SPD pedals (PD-MX70) and single-sided Explorer SPD pedals (PD-ES600 and PD-EH500).
CLOTHING FOR KIDS
Last but not least comes a new range designed especially for the superstars of tomorrow. Fun bright jersey graphics for both boys and girls (aged 8-12) are matched with quick drying, comfortable and UV protected fabrics, full zipper, 3-pockets and silicon gripper. Plus anatomically cut shorts with supportive lycra, high quality chamois and silicon gripper mean your junior pedalers can be dressed for success in the Shimano Junior Jersey and Shorts.
Shimano’s 2019 collection will be on display at Eurobike, Europe’s bicycle industry showcase event (July 8th – July 10th 2018), and will be available in stores in late 2018 (footwear) and early 2019 (clothing).
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Embargo time/date: For release on SATURDAY 7TH JULY, 17:00 CET
2. Product images can be downloaded at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l0aew4xtp893deu/AAA8J_vqfL96tQBVNmiEMG3ka?dl=0
3. Further Shimano press releases: See the media centre here: https://media.shimano-eu.com Username: shimanomedia Password: 5h1m4n0m3d14
4. Shimano Europe soft goods: It’s not only Shimano’s bike components that use a System Engineered approach. Its soft goods engineers also follow the same philosophy. Known as the Fusion Concept, it applies to Shimano’s apparel, eyewear, bags and footwear, blending form, fit and function in each piece to create technologically advanced and seamlessly integrated head-to-toe solutions for cycling. More information about Shimano soft goods can be found here: http://www.shimano-lifestylegear.com/gl/index.php
5. About Shimano Europe: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding cycling products and apparel. With almost 100 years’ experience in creating internationally renowned bicycle components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global bicycle journeys. For more information see www.shimano.com.