Team Sunweb and bikefitting.com announce the start of a relationship designed to extract the top 1% from riders’ performances.
The technology and expertise of bikefitting.com will be married with the years of experience of Team Sunweb's riders in the professional peloton to co-develop new features and ensure the utmost effectiveness in real-world cycling applications. This will not only aid the team’s own performance but will also be rolled out to the public through Team Sunweb’s Keep Challenging Experience Centre.
Team Sunweb's Keep Challenging Experience Centre will host bikefitting.com's full dynamic bike fitting equipment with its advanced bike fitting technologies including a 3D Motion Analyzer. The team will use this motion analysis to monitor riders progress through the season, especially through the exclusive 3D Pedaling Analysis service that only bikefitting.com offers.
The bikefitting.com set up at the Keep Challenging Experience will be open to fans who can also watch team mechanics preparing and packing for the team's one day races and grand tours. This new behind-the-scenes concept will give fans the full experience of being a pro.
“Teaming up with bikefitting.com means that we can bring bike fits to a broader public – from recreational cyclists to our very own pro cyclists”, says Nelis Koeken, Team Sunweb bike fitter. "We hope that, with our team’s extensive knowledge and previous projects in the field of kinematics, kinetics and aerodynamics, we can help bring new bike fitting measurement methods to the wider public.”
Team Sunweb and bikefitting.com have been collaborating for a few years already. Mathieu Arrambourg, Business Unit Manager at bikefitting.com, says of this deeper partnership that it is a “great reward for our company to be chosen by such an organisation, thanks to the reputation of our equipment.”
For any riders looking to get that extra 1% out of their performances, a bike fitting at the Keep Challenging Experience can be arranged by appointment through Team Sunweb by emailing email@example.com.
Notes to editors:
1. Embargo: Wednesday 18h December, 10:00 CET
2. Images: can be downloaded at this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jdo3awbk8s30hur/AABrjbNagre5F4Y4krDLeCuIa?dl=0
3. Team Sunweb has two World Tour road racing teams (Women and Men) to its name, plus a palmares that includes including grand tour titles and multiple jerseys and stage wins and classics wins.
4. bikefitting.com has over three decades experience in bike fitting, providing an independent and neutral service at more than 2500 bike stores in almost 50 countries. Bikefitting.com’s Dynamic Fitting solutions use motion studies and laser-guided adjusting, plus software which includes the majority of the world’s global and local brands, to ensure clients can achieve a perfectly customised bike fit.
5. The 'Keep Challenging Experience, presented by Team Sunweb' is based at the team’s Service Course in Deventer, Netherlands. This new concept is open to the public and invites fans for a full pro experience, from seeing the mechanics at work to now having the opportunity for a bike fitting. By appointment, riders will receive a full dynamic bike fit using the most advanced bike fitting technologies such as a 3D Motion Analyser, just like the professionals.
About Team Sunweb: Team Sunweb, founded by Iwan Spekenbrink in 2008, consists of 50 riders spread over a World Tour men’s, World Tour women’s and Development program. Alongside twelve German riders are others from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Great Britain, Ireland, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland and the United States. The team applies its very own Keep Challenging philosophy and takes part in races on four different continents around the globe. Highlight victories including stages in all three Grand Tours, as well as the monuments Milano-San Remo, Paris-Roubaix, and the women’s edition of Ronde van Vlaanderen, the polka-dot and green jerseys at the Tour de France, and the general classification at the Giro d’Italia. The German registered team resides in Deventer, Netherlands and offers through their “Keep Challenging Center” a unique athlete facility in Sittard, Netherlands. Join our journey #KeepChallenging .
About bikefitting.com: bikefitting.com is a subsidiary of Shimano, located near the European city of Maastricht, in the Netherlands. The company provides an independent and neutral service at more than 2500 bike stores in almost 50 countries. Its software includes the majority of the world’s global and local brands, growing year on year, to ensure you can achieve a perfectly customized bike. The company has over three decades of experience in the field of bike fitting with its pioneering Static Fitting technology providing support for over 1,5 million customers. Recent expansions in its products and services include Dynamic Fitting solutions, using motion studies to analyze fittings, a laser guided Bike Adjusting to guarantee the optimal bike position as well as some universal Shoe Cleat Adjuster and Saddle Selector.