SHIMANO SETS OUT BICYCLE RETAILER SERVICES AT EUROBIKE
Shimano uses Eurobike to outline how it can be the first choice for retail partnerships in sports, outdoor and bicycle mobility sectors
The myriad of bike shops up and down the streets, straßen and strade of Europe come in many shapes and sizes. From the small ‘passing-trade’ workshop to the franchised, multi-floored destination showrooms, they all have one thing in common: making the consumer decision making process as easy as possible. The Retail experts in Shimano’s Retail Services division understand this process and have created a programme for bicycle stores of all descriptions to make impactful changes that attract new customers and bring existing customers back time and time again.
Shimano’s Retail Services manager Martijn Vallen explains: “At Shimano we believe in the importance of building a strong network to take care of the maintenance of all Shimano equipped bikes. It’s our role to provide support for dealers in this. Simply put, we believe we can help dealers create the best possible consumer shopping experience by forming partnerships via our Shimano Service Center programme.”
The Shimano Service Center concept focuses on the bike service aspect of bike shops, which is the central concept behind the Shimano Service Center marketing campaign ‘excellent bike care by the people who know your bike best’.
Becoming a Shimano Service Center guarantees dealers the full support package but there are other retail services like workshop programmes and store display solutions that dealers can also embrace.
Shimano Service Centers are managed by the Shimano distributor or sales office in each country and cover initiatives ranging from store or workshop makeovers, to mobile workshop solutions as well as service standards guarantees, staff education and training and other marketing support activations.
Retailers attending Eurobike 2019 in Friedrichshafen, Germany (4-6 Sept), will be able to explore these concepts further with Shimano’s Retail Services team. Specifically the team will be promoting:
- retail solutions for displaying Shimano products in stores
- a series of new in-store display options for PRO retail products
- the range of SHIMANO and PRO aftermarket components, accessories and apparel
- solutions to help professionalize workshops including new safety storage fire-proof cabinet for e-bike batteries and mobile services, like the new cargo bike workshop
- ‘Shimano-Tec’ technical training and other training programmes to increase efficiency and profitability in the workshop (taster sessions running at Eurobike 3 times a day)
- new Shimano Service Center marketing materials aimed at positioning stores as experts in bike care
Overall the Shimano Service Center strategy exists to support retailers to be successful in their business performance and to grow their overall business results with a consistent experience around all SHIMANO brands in the market.
In-store materials focus on clearly explaining customer benefits instead of focusing on product specifications. In developing these retail solutions like these, enhanced shopper experience are always the central point of attention.
Martijn Vallen: “The new branding concepts we’ve developed allow stores to communicate that they are the local experts bike care, which can be a unique point of difference in a crowded marketplace. Of course Shimano Service Centers are not only saying that they know how to take care of bikes but they can also demonstrate it through the expert training that they receive and the professional service standards that they uphold.”
Visit the Shimano Retail Services team at Eurobike Stand B5-300 this September and find out more about the solutions that can help your bicycle business.
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Embargo: Tuesday 3rd September, 17:00 CET
2. Images: can be downloaded at the link below: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0za1sk6kgo7cgnj/AACG9PY1zOk10FYenSPFMxgWa?dl=0
3. ABOUT SHIMANO EUROPE: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding cycling products and apparel. With almost 100 years’ experience in creating internationally renowned bicycle components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global bicycle journeys. For more information see www.shimano.com.