TIAGRA COMPONENTS UPGRADED WITH IMPROVED HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM
SHIMANO road riding groupset enhanced for entry-level riders
Shimano has announced an upgraded version of its popular TIAGRA range with the promise of an enhanced cycling experience for riders new to road biking.
New DUAL CONTROL (brake/gear) LEVERS (ST-4720-L/R) replace the previous non-series ST-RS405 units and now follow the pattern set by Dura-Ace, Ultegra and 105 with a slim body to house the hydraulic disc brake controls and increased adjustability for optimum bike control.
The TIAGRA 10-speed shifting mechanism within the lever body has also been upgraded from the non-series levers to provide quicker rear gear shifts, allowing riders to rifle through the cassette to gear up for a sprint or gear down for a climb.
An optional extra feature with the new TIAGRA Dual Control Levers, also found at 105 and Ultegra levels, is a version with a short reach lever and more outboard profile (ST-4725-L/R) for riders with smaller hands, creating a more tailored and confidence-inspiring riding experience.
Meanwhile, a lower 48-34T front chainring combination for the TIAGRA FC-4700 2-piece crankset now appears alongside the existing 52-36T and 50-34T cranksets. This smaller ratio closes the gap to 14T between the big ring and small ring, reducing the number of compensation shifts needed in the rear cassette and making TIAGRA more in line with a wider number of riders.
Finally, a new 12mm E-THRU hubset (HB-RS470/FH-RS470) for disc brakes appears at TIAGRA level. When combined with compatible frames, thru-axles increase the rigidity of the wheel and allow for more accurate alignment of disc brakes. This 10 or 11-speed hubset is available for 28H or 32H rims and comes with a disc brake-specific O.L.D. of 110 and 142mm respectively.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. Embargoed until: May 8th (Wed) 00:00 JST / May 7th (Tues), 17:00 CET
2. EU market availability: June 2019
3. Images can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g7nbl240qvaa0ue/AABkBQZnLtZOIuU-BX41wP6Xa?dl=0
4. Technical specifications can be found at: si.shimano.com
5. ABOUT SHIMANO EUROPE: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding products and apparel. With almost 100 years' experience in creating internationally renowned components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global experiences. For more information see www.shimano.com.