SHIMANO EXPERIENCE CENTER OPENS DOORS TO PUBLIC
The new Shimano Experience Center officially opened in Valkenburg, in the Dutch province of Limburg today with a ceremony presided over by Taizo Shimano, Senior Executive Vice President of Shimano Inc, and Marc van Rooij, president of Shimano Europe Group.
Shimano’s Experience Center brings together all elements of the Japanese companies interests - including cycling, fishing and rowing, together with representations from some of its subsidiary cycling companies, including Pearl Izumi and Bikefitting.com – to give consumers a unique opportunity to try out these activities, get advice from the experts, and to learn about the company’s latest technologies.
Guests are encouraged to touch, feel and try the latest products from Shimano and Pearl Izumi, and get a taster of the services offered by Bikefitting.com and Shimano Service Center workshops. Indoor virtual reality displays, simulators and workshops complement real-world test environments in and around the stunning Limburg countryside.
For longer multi-day tests, packages are available including bike or fishing rod/reel hire, on-site meals and hotel accommodation in the wider Par’Course center, which is due for full completion later in 2019.
A big focus for the Experience Center will be on hosting groups, so an on-site coffee corner and presentation areas offer opportunities for events – from schools to businesses and cycling clubs.
The center is now open for everyone, from serious sports enthusiasts to holiday makers and curious passers-by. Visitors are welcome seven days a week with no booking required.
Rob Damoiseaux, Shimano Experience Center manager spoke about the positive impact on the region: “The interest and enthusiasm we hear from local clubs and businesses has been incredible, there’s a real hunger for cycling, fishing and rowing in the region. I’m excited by what we’ve created here, and by what’s in store for the coming months. Above all I’m very proud to have assembled a great team who will give every visitor an enthusiastic welcome and personal attention.”
Marc van Rooij, president of Shimano Europe Group, spoke about the Experience Center supporting the bicycle and fishing tackle retail trade: "The most important goal of the Center is to offer all our retailers additional support for their customers when it comes to testing existing and new technologies. Nowadays it is impossible for the average retailer to have full test fleets of high-end road race, MTBs & e-bikes. Here we offer the opportunity to the consumer to test our latest technologies and to then help him or her find their nearest Shimano retailer."
Taizo Shimano, Senior Executive Vice President of Shimano Inc., confirmed the company’s commitment to the world of cycling, fishing and rowing. "Looking at societal mega-trends such as managing transport and environmental issues, human health and work/life balance, people will naturally gravitate toward the convenience of bicycles and recreational pursuits like fishing and rowing more in the future. The new Experience Center will play an important part in this challenge. It will bring cycling, fishing and rowing closer to people and will give Shimano a greater opportunity to flourish and contribute to the prosperity of the European bicycle, fishing and rowing worlds."
For more information about the Shimano Experience Center please visit: https://shimano-ec.com/
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. Embargoed until: Friday 12th April, 16:00h CET
2. The center, developed in the former Leeuw brewery in Valkenburg, has been made possible by the municipality of Valkenburg aan de Geul and the Province of Limburg, together with developers Wyckerveste.
3. The center can be found at Leeuw terrein Valkenburg, Prinses Beatrixsingel 2, 6301 VL Valkenburg.
4. Images can be found at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4tq53m2qhccpz9w/AACw7X10efIIozI4RAzhxzNIa?dl=0
5. ABOUT SHIMANO EUROPE: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding products and apparel. With almost 100 years' experience in creating internationally renowned components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global experiences. For more information see www.shimano.com.