TEAM SUNWEB SADDLE UP FOR 2019 WITH PRO
PRO saddles for stars of the German UCI World Tour cycling team
Team Sunweb’s riders including Wilco Kelderman, Nikias Arndt, Tom Dumoulin, Michael Matthews, Lennard Kämna, Coryn Rivera and Lucinda Brand will be aiming for glory in 2019 atop the new racing saddles from component brand PRO.
Together with PRO’s elite-level saddles Team Sunweb will get a great feel for the new season with PRO VIBE handlebars, stems and Silicon bar tape.
Out of competition Team Sunweb will be able to train with a selection of PRO saddle bags, should any team riders feel like a bike packing adventure.
Team Sunweb will select the optimum PRO saddle for its riders after a comprehensive physical screening, biometric testing and bike fitting process. Options from PRO include the elite aerodynamic performance offered by the STEALTH or AEROFUEL models or the FALCON, TURNIX and GRIFFON models which can accommodate different degrees of rider flexibility.
Team Sunweb will use the Cervelo R5 that can accommodate PRO components such as the state-of-the-art VIBE AERO SUPERLIGHT carbon handlebar, which is one of the lightest full cable integrated bars on the market (weighing 209g), coming complete with an aerofoil profile and Innegra fibers to strengthen the bar’s most vulnerable areas in the event of a crash.
Dennis Schmitz, PRO Brand Manager: “We have a strong relationship with Team Sunweb and we’re excited to be working with the team again. Not only does this give us exposure in the world’s biggest bike races but Team Sunweb will be an integral part of our ongoing research and development. Together with the experts and riders at the team we will study how to maximize comfort, speed and power generation to power the performances of all riders choosing PRO components.”
Iwan Spekenbrink, CEO of Team Sunweb: “We’re delighted to bring PRO back to Team Sunweb. The reputation of PRO products is exemplary, which is crucial in a long demanding race season. Not only will Team Sunweb riders be provided with the best in high-performance PRO components, the Team now also has the opportunity to contribute directly to future technological gains, a development process to which our Team is very committed and which supports our recognizable Keep Challenging ideology .”
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. EMBARGO TIME/DATE: 16:00h CET, Friday 25th January 2019
2. IMAGES: Copyright free images available to download here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f5c32ga4uwghqnh/AAAjW2zUnm15Fms5R3ZJ_Pmja?dl=0
- Top image of bike: Cor Vos
- Bottom image: Team Sunweb
3. SADDLE SELECTOR: To find your perfect PRO saddle use the saddle selector tool here: https://www.pro-bikegear.com/global/en-gb/saddle-selector
4. ABOUT PRO: We’re here to put the right bits in the right hands. Our purpose is to design, prototype, test, modify, improve and fine-tune those elements on your bike that enable your achievements. The best products and services are always created in a continuous cycle of ideas, input and feedback from riders, designers and engineers. Based on this collective intelligence, we push our products to - and often beyond - their limits. So riders can do the same, on the world’s roads, trails, mountains and tracks.