SHIMANO PROVIDES RIDERS WITH NEUTRAL SUPPORT AT RCS SPORTS’ ITALIAN RACE PROGRAMME
Riders at events including Giro d’Italia, Strade Bianche, Tirreno Adriatico, Milano Sanremo, Gran Piemonte, Milano Torino, Giro di Lombardia all to receive in-race support from Shimano.
Shimano Italy and RCS Sport are proud to announce a three-year partnership for neutral support at a host of World Tour races, including the Giro d'Italia.
Pictured: Paolo Bellino, General Manager at RCS Sport and Eduardo Roldan, Managing Director of Shimano Italy with the Giro d'Italia trophy.
Shimano Italy's neutral support provision exists to ensure riders can continue to successfully complete their event in the face of mechanical issues. Much like Shimano's neutral support provision in Spain and the Benelux countries, mechanics in cars or on motorbikes will provide support on the road, whilst mechanics at neutral support zones at selected points along the route will provide help and assistance to riders.
From 2018 Shimano Italy will provide neutral support at the Giro d'Italia, starting in Israel on May 4, 2018 and finishing three weeks later on May 27.
Eduardo Roldan, Managing Director of Shimano Italy said: "Our goal for neutral service is to be a valuable event partner, bringing real added-value to all racers. We want to ensure everyone can race as safely as possible so we are committed to making sure riders receive support to get their bikes operating as safely and as efficiently as possible. To achieve this we invite all riders and racers to call in at our event workshops or mobile support teams to ask for support."
Paolo Bellino, General Manager at RCS Sport said: "We are very pleased to have signed terms with Shimano, bringing the return of an historic partner. Their experience and professionalism, acquired through supporting many hundreds of bike races, means that they know exactly what's needed to keep the race on track and the excitement levels high, ensuring racers can continue safely and fans can enjoy the wonderful spectacle that RCS Sport events provide."
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. EMBARGO TIME/DATE: 11am CET, Wednesday 15th November 2017
2. IMAGES: Press Kit can be downloaded at: https://media.shimano-eu.com/en-CEU/presskit/219337
3. RELATED ARTICLES ABOUT SHIMANO NEUTRAL SERVICE:
4. ABOUT SHIMANO EUROPE: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding cycling products and apparel. With almost 100 years’ experience in creating internationally renowned bicycle components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global bicycle journeys. For more information see http://cycle.shimano-eu.com.
5. FOR MORE INFORMATION ON RCS: Please visit http://www.rcssport.it/en/