For over 100 years, Shimano components have helped shape and elevate the everyday riding experience for millions of riders worldwide. This is why Shimano is excited to announce that we are taking it one step further, by introducing SHIMANO CUES: a brand-new approach to our mid-tier lifestyle component lineup.
Redesigned from the ground up, SHIMANO CUES makes the bike buying experience easier. Featuring our high-durability LINKGLIDE technology, SHIMANO CUES offers smoother shifting, more durable components, and standardizes compatibility across a wide range of categories.
By consolidating our 9-, 10-, and 11-speed component ranges with interchangeable components, including common derailleur pulleys, cassette sprockets and chains, SHIMANO CUES reduces shop inventory needs and simplifies the servicing process for mid-tier bikes.
We’ve created our most compatible and versatile component lineup ever, shifting away from our traditional trickle-down technology model to focus on the unique needs of the everyday rider.
The lineup features unified sprocket spacing across our 9-, 10-, and 11-speed drivetrains, so that components can be intermixed across a wider range of user groups and riding styles.
As our most durable drivetrain technology, SHIMANO LINKGLIDE extends a component’s overall lifespan and delivers a smooth shifting experience for both analog and electric bikes.
With taller and thicker cassette teeth, providing additional surface area this mitigates the chain from skipping and distributes pedaling forces to prevent premature wear due to shifts from novice riders.
- Streamlined Mid-Tier Component Lineup – Consolidates SHIMANO’s 9, 10, and 11-speed drivetrains into one unified ecosystem of components.
- Developed from the Ground Up – Components designed specifically for the everyday rider to improve compatibility and versatility across the range.
- Drivetrain Compatibility – Common components used across drivetrains to reduce overall complexity and create clear compatibility across groups.
- SHIMANO CUES Versatility – Select components can be intermixed across more user groups and riding styles, opening up new possibilities for component spec combinations.
- Centered on LINKGLIDE technology – Delivers the most durable drivetrain technology available while improving shifting performance.
- Smooth and Intuitive Shifting – New tooth profile design that guides the chain up and down the cassette for smooth shifting in either direction while pedaling under load.
- Extended Component Lifespan – Cassettes and chains built to withstand consistent daily wear and tear of both analog and high-torque e-bike use.
- Embargo: Tuesday, February 28, 2023, at 17:00 CET.
- About Shimano Europe: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding cycling products and apparel. With over 100 years’ experience in creating internationally renowned bicycle components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global bicycle journeys. For more information see: lifestylebike.shimano.com