CANNONDALE FACTORY RACING XC TEAM CHOOSE SHIMANO’S S-PHYRE ELITE TEAM WEAR AND FOOTWEAR
Team CFR doubles down on Shimano for 2019.
Following 2018’s historic move to Shimano components, Cannondale Factory Racing will double down on the relationship with SHIMANO by choosing S-PHYRE, the Japanese brand’s elite apparel line, as their clothing and footwear partner leading into the 2020 Olympics.
This will put the team’s elite XC Olympians including Manuel Fumic (GER), Henrique Avancini (BRA) and Maxime Marrotte (FRA) on the most advanced race clothing and footwear made by Shimano.
Shimano’s S-PHYRE line has been developed for elite level riders with the simple goal of maximizing power transmission and making riders faster.
S-PHYRE clothing does this by reducing drag and minimizing friction and overheating. It also uses linkage and movement principles to create a complete system between the bike, the body and the motion of its muscles.
The S-PHYRE XC9 shoe on the other hand combines the power-transferring benefits of a road shoe with the rugged qualities needed for off-road racing. The shoe weighs just 325g (size 42) and offers adherence towards SPD pedals and increased traction over rocks and roots thanks to asymmetrically positioned molded studs and optional 18mm spikes to increase the XC9's winning combination in extreme conditions.
Cannondale Factory Racing will be looking to use these qualities to great effect in the most demanding and high-profile XC, Marathon and Stage races on the planet.
Team manager Daniel Hespeler: “The 2019 CFR XC team contains some of the very best cross-country riders in the world so they deserve the products that can elevate them to greatness. With 2018 being our most successful season so far - we podiumed at the ABSA Cape Epic, won the team overall XCO World Cup title, won single World Cup events and ultimately crowned the season with Henrique Avancini’s MTB Marathon World Champion title – we’re now looking for consistency leading into Tokyo 2020. Expanding our long-term cooperation with Shimano and S-PHYRE was the missing piece of the puzzle.”
In 2019 Cannondale Factory Racing will wear S-PHYRE clothing in the UCI Mountainbike World Cup, the ABSA Cape Epic and other high-calibre XCO, Marathon and stages races around the globe including the Tankwa Trek starting today (7th February) near Ceres, South Africa.
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Embargo: Thursday 7th February 2019, 8am CET
2. Images: can be downloaded at the link below by 5pm CET Tuesday 5th February 2019: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8kg40hacha7l1n9/AABeZ8h_NTiHGFCGyaYyZY5ja?dl=0
3. For more on Cannondale Factory Racing: The team features Manuel Fumic (GER), Henrique Avancini (BRA) and Maxime Marrotte (FRA). For more info see Instagram (@cannondalemountain) and Facebook (Cannondale Factory Racing).
4. About Shimano Europe: Founded in 1921, Shimano is dedicated to helping its customers get closer to nature, supporting people to realize their dreams and create new lifestyles. That comes with the desire to create outstanding cycling products and apparel. With almost 100 years’ experience in creating internationally renowned bicycle components, Shimano is proud to have developed products that continue to take countless athletes to victory and provide the means for limitless global bicycle journeys. For more information see www.shimano.com.
5. About Cannondale: Cannondale is a premium brand of Cycling Sports Group, a division of Dorel Industries’ (TSX: DII.B, DII.A) Dorel Sports segment. Dorel Industries Inc. has annual sales of US$2.6 billion and employs approximately 9,200 people in facilities located in twenty-five countries worldwide. With a reputation for continuous innovation and quality, Cannondale is a global industry leader with a strong heritage in design, development and manufacturing of high-performance bicycles, apparel and accessories. For more information, visit www.Cannondale.com.