The new range introduces Shimano’s comfort, performance and competition-level products with advanced features that regular, enthusiastic and elite cyclists will find essential.
- In the Explorer category new casual hardshell or softshell jackets, fleece jerseys and waterproof softshell trousers
For wintertime racing the new S-PHYRE range is packed with features to bring you the ultimate in race-winning, cold weather clothing.
- The windproof, breathable S-PHYRE long-sleeve winter jersey is designed with an extremely anatomical and aerodynamic cut to cheat the wind, and a water repellent coating to shed moisture. Warmth comes from a fleece quilted interior, high fleece-lined neck and low reflective tail offering extra coverage, whilst side panels and shoulders feature laser-cut microscopic MicroVents for cooling. Deep storage pockets on the back include one waterproof zipper pocket and one looped pocket for better storage of valuables.
- S-PHYRE bib tights are constructed from three neoprene layers with fleece inserts on stomach and kidney areas plus a high cut on the back and chest to help heat retention and protect the rider across changing off-season conditions. An all-important top and bottom zipper on the stomach section allows for easy comfort breaks. The legs come with an anatomical knee construction for irritation-free motion, high-vis calf option for enhanced visibility and an ankle zipper for a sleek fit. The chamois is shaped to follow the pedaling motion of the rider with a split swallowtail design and a 4-layer shock absorbing construction. A version without a chamois is also available.
- The S-PHYRE Winter Baselayer features an exceptionally comfortable, seamless one-piece doubled-knitted quick-drying construction with integrated back mesh panel to allow excess body heat to escape.
- Shoe cover or toe cover options combine perfectly with the Shimano S-PHYRE RC9 shoe allowing for BOA adjustments through three layers of fully waterproof, highly anatomical, stretchable Neoprene for smoothing airflow across shoes.
- The anatomical form fitting style extends to the Winter glove with an extremely stretchable and comfortable long cuff design, double-lined with Neoprene and Titanium-α upper layers to insulate from the outside and retain warmth on the inside. Palms feature synthetic leather and PrimaLoft synthetic microfiber thermal insulation for flexibility, warmth and maximum grip on the bike. A dexterous, second skin feel extends to the thumb and index finger, which are touch screen compatible, whilst a brushed area on the thumb takes care of face wipes.
Below the S-PHYRE range, Shimano expands its Performance collection with stylish and fashionable windbreaker jackets and thermal jerseys needed for cool to cold weather riding.
- Matching the brand´s Performance winter bib tights released in 2016, the new men’s and women’s Performance long-sleeved jerseys and jackets include features such as Next Generation Metallic Thermal Tech and 3M Thinsulate fabrics for enhanced heat retention, mid-back ventilation areas for cooling, 3M reflective detailing for better visibility and brushed inner linings for comfort. As well as this, all have been system engineered to match perfectly with Shimano clothing accessories.
Complementing the Performance collection you´ll find new Shimano gloves, overshoes, socks and headwear to keep your extremities happy when you’re out in the cold.
- The gloves include features such as 3M Thinsulate, Gore windstopper or Goretex waterproof technology, Poron palm padding for shock absorption, touch screen compatibility, reflective details, plus long-, mid- or short-cuff designs for wind, cold and rain. From the six new introductions four gloves are designed for the worse of winter´s wind or rain, for temperatures between -5°c to -10°c, and two gloves are for the early-season, designed for temperatures of 15°c-10°c and 5°c-0°c respectively.
- To protect the feet four new re-designed shoe covers provide varying degrees of warmth and waterproofing with features like tight Velcro closures, fully taped seams, reflective panels, and multiple layers of coated waterproof fabric designed to work perfectly with Shimano winter footwear (MW7, RW5 and MW5). Additionally a new toe cover provides a handy early- season option for racing, designed to match perfectly with Shimano’s S-PHYRE road racing footwear.
- More foot protection comes from features found in the two new Winter Socks. Thick pile fabrics offer heat retention whilst foot bridge cushioning, padded arch panels and left and right asymmetric designs are added to reduce foot fatigue.
- New headwear includes an over-helmet high-visibility wind and rain-blocking cover. Under-helmet options include the peaked Extreme Winter Cap, Windbreak or Thermal skull cap, or Thermal headband.
Joining the spring/summer Explorer clothing released in 2016, Shimano has introduced new casual cycling wear in practical urban colourways including the Transit Hardshell Waterproof Jacket, Softshell windproof version, Transit fleece jersey, water-repellent Softshell Trousers and high-visibility Explorer Jacket and Trousers.
- The Hardshell Jacket features a high neck, fleece inner, detachable hood with snap lock collar, zippered side pockets and under-arm vents, adjustable waist cord and Dryshield coating.
- Meanwhile the men’s and women’s Transit Softshell jacket and Transit Fleece jersey feature chest and rear pockets with extended glove-interfacing cuffs and a cosy, light weight and casual style suited to the office or the coffee shop.
- Softshell trousers complete the stylish but practical on-bike look with windproof, water repellent and breathable properties in two colourways and in men’s or women’s versions.
- For the hardiest of autumn/winter commuters the Explorer rain jacket and trousers offer Dryshield technology with Velcro flaps, adjustable cuffs, high visibility designs and handy carrying pouches. The Explorer line-up is complete with matching gloves and rucksacks.
For Shimano’s full apparel line up, including eyewear, headwear, rucksacks and other items, visit shimano-lifestylegear.com.